Following excellent A-Level results last week our students have once again achieved fantastic GCSE results.
The school saw 81% of pupils achieve five A*s to C grades, with 64 % achieving five A* to C grades including the core subjects of Mathematics and English or Welsh Language. A fantastic 22% of students achieved at least 5 or more A*/A grades.
Exceptional results were achieved by a number of individual students e.g.
- Chloe Morris 11A*s;
- Kit Arnold 6A*s, 5As and a Distinction in Additional Mathematics;
- Buck Blake with 6A*, 2As and a Distinction in Additional Mathematics;
- Owen Clare with 5A*, 3As and 3Bs;
- Bethan Jones with 3A*s, 7As and 2Bs;
- Poppy Hughes with 3A*,1A 5Bs and1C;
- Hannah Moscrop-Cross 8A*s and 3As;
- Elinor Hulin-Taylor 4A*s, 4As; 2Bs and 2Cs;
- Dominic Southerby with 5A*s, 2As and 2Bs;
- Lucy Thomas 6A*s, 1A and 4 Bs.
These results not only reflect the excellent effort and attitude of the students but also the hard work and diligence shown by our highly committed staff, supported and encouraged by parents and governors.
Results are outstanding in a number of subject areas, for example 100% of students achieved grades A* to A in Music; 75% in RE; 57% in PE; 45% in Biology and 40% in French.
There were 100% A* to C pass rates in Welsh literature; Drama; Art and Music. English Literature; Biology; Chemistry; Child development; French; PE; Physics; RE and Textiles all had A* to C pass rates above 90%.
Students who have combined vocational qualifications with their GCSEs have also achieved to a very high standard, with a 100% pass rate.