Key Stage 3 RE
Staff Member Role
- Miss Amy Griffiths | Curriculum and Progress Manager
- Mrs Meinir Jones | Curriculum and Progress Manager History and Teacher of RE
- Mr Lee Powell | Teacher of History and RE
- Miss Annie Jones | Teacher of Welsh and RE
- Miss Esyllt Morris | Teacher of Welsh and RE
KS3 Course Outline
2 hours per fortnight (1 hour per fortnight for Welsh Medium)
What is religion?
Places of Worship
The Natural World
Special People: The life of Jesus
Rules and Initiation
Death and Life after Death
Expressions of Faith
Religious Authority: Leaders
Special People: The life of Gandhi
War and Peace
Suffering and Disaster
Special People: The life of Anne Frank
Assessment – How is work assessed?
- Homework and classwork is assessed on a fortnightly or half-term basis as appropriate.
- KS3 pupils are given a current level and a target level for the end of KS3.
Homework – Frequency and type of work
- Homework is given once a fortnight or as appropriate.
- Homework may include: research work using the internet or books, ICT work or completing classwork. KS3 pupils may also complete levelling assessments for homework. It may also include revision for tests and examinations.
How can you support your child?
- Supporting them with homework activities when appropriate
- Encouraging them to watch any programmes that relate to religious studies or to read any newspaper or magazine articles related to the issues they are studying.
Pen, pencil, ruler, eraser, coloured pencils
A good website for KS3 revision and a bit of fun if you like quizzes –