Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Parent / Carer Presentation
Wednesday 29th March 2017
6.00pm-8.00pm Y Bwyty
This session is open to all parents and carers. The informal 2 hour session will increase knowledge and understanding of how child sexual exploitation can happen, what the risks to children and young people are and what action can be taken. Crucially, the company (Stop it Now! Wales) give parents and carers the confidence to seek help and take action if they need to.
Session content includes:
- The facts about sexual abuse and exploitation and how it can happen
- How abusers groom victims
- Why victims may not talk about what is happening
- Spotting signs in a child’s behaviour
- Positive preventative actions to take to protect children and young people from exploitation
- Acting on concerns, giving sources of information, support or advice.
We held a similar evening back in November with a very positive response from the parents and carers who attended.